Friday, February 1, 2008

The Knukkad

A few months back I started watching a Hindi serial…don’t laugh just yet, there’s more to come. And I enjoyed it…wait some more, please. And I noticed I had missed a few episodes. So I logged into an internet forum just to get updated…no, not just yet, and now am an active participant on the forum! Ok, you may laugh now, tell me when you are done…

Done? Already? Well, that was quick…so for the rest of the story…

Where was I? Oh yes, the forum…you may ask why…well it was quite simple actually. The show, you see, is very enjoyable! Lots of fun, lots of laughs, some romance, no melodrama and one cute face... But that’s not all. I have missed writing for some time now. And well, I am not the most imaginative when it comes to things to write about. Forever in search of that elusive muse (thank you Sara…). Funnily enough, with this show, I seemed to get that opportunity to write with the detachment I enjoy so much! So here I was, back in college, applying every psychological, philosophical, literary theory I had ever read about, to a half hour Hindi show. And trust me it’s been one hell of a roller coaster ride!
The forum has given me so much more than just a space to write. I have churned out some very interesting stuff and felt quite proud of myself sometimes. Not for the quality of writing, but for that of thought. Most important, however, is the fact that over the last 4 months I have had the pleasure of now sorting and grouping some amazing people around the world. All bound together with the common mania over the silly show, all intelligent, all perceptive, some more than others and some with a delightful mastery over words!!

Just a slap on my face…never deride something till you see it yourself. And boy was I lucky to discover this fascinating truth. I frowned and ridiculed the very concept I am so involved with currently. I love the gals there….each of them. And considering where I have been and the company I have kept, they are some of the smartest people I have known…the truly special ones know who they are, so I needn’t mention them. We seem to have overcome barriers of geography and time zones and unfamiliarity. All that matters is our oneness over the analysis of a daily show. AND NO IT’S NOT AN EKTA KAPOOR PRODUCTION!! I love you guys!!!

Forgive me, for the Merlot speaks….

No comments: